Monday, March 4, 2013

Bring the Beach Home

So I know that I've been a little MIA this past week, since the first kitchen renovation post, but I started my new job! I got hired on at this historical Bed and Breakfast that is kind of a secret gem in our city of Columbus. It's called The Inn at Irwin Gardens and is over 100 years old. I'm not going to go into the history about it just now, but check out the website and enjoy this eye candy...


So I was planning on having the second part to the kitchen renovation, but I can NOT find the pictures of us sanding floors or building cabinets! I'm pretty sure we took a couple, we were working our buns off to have it done in a month, so I'll keep looking. I may have to skip ahead to the tiling and come back to the other things once I find them. Anyway!! I did do this little craft this morning that I thought I'd share...

I found this Curly Ponytail Palm Tree this morning at Lowe's on the 75% shelf with a bunch of other sad looking plants. I am assuming that they don't get watered the correct way? I mean they just walk around and soak all of them...orchids and all. Anyway, I rescued picked up this cutie for $3.


 It had this ugly tan glued together pea gravel that was missing most of it, so it had to go...


 Next I grabbed an old sample of Valspar Cool Pool in satin and a paint brush. The pot was glazed, so ideally you'd prime it, but I didn't feel like spending the extra time. Valspar makes a pretty good paint that sticks to anything, because of it's built in primer I guess.


 Once the paint was on I let it dry while I filled it up with some glass pebbles I had lying around...


Then I topped off the glass with shells, coral, and sea glass that I picked up off the beach in Key West with my family last May...




Looks GREAT with the beach painting...




No comments:

Post a Comment